There are numerous benefits for both application developers and users who deploy a DataFlex Connectivity Kit to leverage the power of todays leading database servers:
- Extends product life: by using modern, standards-based, universally recognized DBMS back-ends running on LANs, WANs and in the Cloud.
- Application Integration: with other applications, nearly all of which use SQL-accessible databases.
- Leverages Other Tools: a vast array of modern 3rd party products will work with your applications database.
- Extends the range of the DataFlex language: leverage your programming skills with existing and ubiquitous SQL databases.
- Improved performance: SQL DBMS engines are optimized for multi-user performance of transactional applications in ways beyond the reach of obsolete file-based, file share data managers.
- Rock solid reliability and database integrity: modern SQL DBMS servers do not suffer from the relative fragility of file based systems, especially over LANs, WANs and Wi-Fi connections.
- Security: your application gains the robust enterprise-level security advantages of modern SQL DBMS engines.
- Scalability: your applications potential to scale becomes virtually unlimited.
- Administrative/Maintenance: make your life easier to administer, maintain and support your application with the built-in tools and 3rd party products for SQL DBMS engines.
- Consistency: your application will work consistently across all back-ends using Data Access Worldwides Connectivity Kits.
Read about the Features of the DataFlex SQL Connectivity Kits.
Read Success Stories from DataFlex Connectivity Kit Users.
Return to the DataFlex Connectivity Kits Overview page.